Purpose of committee
The Assessment Sub-Committee is linked to the Standards Committee.
The Assessment Sub-committee has the following powers and duties:
(a) To receive allegations that a member or co-opted member of the Authority has failed, or may have failed, to comply with the Authority’s Code of Conduct.
(b) Upon receipt of each allegation, the Sub-Committee shall make an initial assessment of the allegation and shall then do one of the following:
· refer the allegation to the Monitoring Officer, for formal investigation;
· refer the allegation to the Monitoring Officer with directions that he/she arrange training, conciliation or such appropriate alternative;
· steps as permitted by Regulations;
· refer the allegation to the Standards Board for England;
· decide that no action should be taken in respect of the allegation; or
· where the allegation is in respect of a person who is no longer a member of the Authority, but is a member of another relevant authority (as defined in Section 49 of the Local Government Act 2000), refer the allegation to the Monitoring Officer of that other relevant authority.
(c) Where the Sub-Committee resolves to do any of the actions set out in paragraph (b) above, the Sub-Committee shall state its reasons for that decision.
More details are available on the Standards Committee webpage.
- Councillor Paul Osborn
- Councillor Simon Williams
- Councillor Mitzi Green (Reserve)
- Councillor Jerry Miles (Reserve)
- Councillor Chris Mote (Reserve)
- Councillor Richard David Romain (Reserve)
- Councillor John Nickolay (Reserve)
- Mr J Coyle
- Dr J Kirkland
- Mr D Lawrence
Support officer: Vishal Seegoolam, Senior Democratic Services Officer. Tel: 020 8424 1883 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org