Tuesday 26 June 2012 6.30 pm
Venue: Committee Rooms 1 & 2, Harrow Civic Centre. View directions
Contact: Manize Talukdar, Democratic Services Officer Tel: 020 8424 1323 E-mail: email@example.com
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the purposes of this meeting.
RESOLVED: That Councillor Mano Dharmarajah be appointed Chairman for this Licensing Panel Hearing.
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of personal or prejudicial interests, arising from business to be transacted at this meeting, from:
(a) all Members of the Panel;
(b) all other Members present in any part of the room.
RESOLVED: To note that there were no declarations of interests made by Members.
[Note: Licensing Panel minutes are:-
(1) approved following each meeting by the Members serving on that particular occasion and signed as a correct record by the Chairman for that meeting;
(2) not submitted to the next panel meeting for approval.
Reasons: The Licensing Panel is constituted from a pooled membership. Consequently, a subsequent Panel meeting is likely to comprise a different Chairman and Members who took no part in the previous meeting’s proceedings. The process referred to at (1) above provides appropriate approval scrutiny].
(See Note at conclusion of these minutes).
Public Questions, Petitions and Deputations
To receive any questions, petitions or deputations (if any), under the provisions of Committee Procedure Rules 17, 15 and 16 (Part 4B) of the Constitution respectively.
[Note: These items are qualified by the requirements of the licensing legislation and will not be applicable to applications on the current agenda.]
RESOLVED: To note that no public questions were put, or petitions or deputations received at this meeting under the provisions of Committee Procedure Rules 19, 16 and 17 (Part 4B of the Constitution) respectively.
Procedure to be followed at an oral hearing.
The Chairman asked the Panel Members, officer/s, Responsible Authority/ies and other attendees at the meeting to introduce themselves. The Legal Adviser then outlined the procedure for the conduct of an oral hearing, which was set out in the agenda.
Report of the Divisional Director Environmental Services.
RESOLVED: That taking into account the:
· Licensing Act 2003;
· Guidance under Section 182 of the Licensing Act;
· the Licensing Objectives;
· Harrow Council’s Licensing Policy;
· the Human Rights Act 1998;
· the principles of natural justice;
· and representations made in writing and at the hearing;
(1) the premises licence be modified by amending the hours for licensable activities to the following:
(2) the following conditions be added to the premises licence:
1. After midnight on Thursday, Friday and Saturday there shall be at least 2 security officers in high visibility jackets in the external area of the premises to help disperse customers quickly and quietly.
2. All fire exit doors to the premises shall be kept shut at all times except in case of emergency.
(3) The following conditions in Annex 2 of the Premises Licence be modified as follows:
1. Condition 5 – The premises licence holder and premises supervisor will ensure that staff are trained in respect of relevant licensing laws and compliance with conditions attached to the premises licence and any internal policies of the premises. A written record of all training provided to staff shall be maintained setting out the names of those who received training, the subjects they were trained on, and the date on which they were trained. This record of training shall be made available to officers of the licensing authority on request.
2. Condition 8 – No new customers to be admitted to the premises after 11.30 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays, and no new customers to be admitted to the premises after 12 midnight on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The premises shall operate a verifiable system to control persons re-entering the premises.
3. Condition 11 – A digital CCTV system that meets the requirements of the police shall be kept installed and maintained at the premises with all cameras kept in good working order. CCTV recordings shall be made available promptly to officers of the licensing authority and the police upon reasonable request.
In addition to the resolutions of the Panel, they were also keen to remind the licence holder and the designated premises supervisor of the need to comply with the conditions (in Annex 2) relating to the entrance doors being kept shut after ... view the full minutes text for item 132.