Housing Changes Review: Update on Tenancy Strategy, Housing Strategy, Housing Business Plan and other Key Policies
Decision maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To support the direction of travel with regard to the Housing Changes Review including the proposed Tenancy Strategy which sets out the principles for the introduction of fixed term flexible tenancies in Harrow and our position with regard to the introduction of Affordable Rents as well as updates on the Housing Strategy, Housing Business Plan, Homelessness Strategy, Private Sector Housing Strategy and Allocation Policy.
(1) the responses to the draft Tenancy Strategy 2012 be noted;
(2) the further Housing Policy changes either introduced, or in consultation, since the Cabinet meeting on the 15 December 2011 be noted;
(3) Cabinet supports the Direction of Travel set out in the various updates attached at Appendices 1 – 6 of the report and that, following further consultation, final approval be sought for these Strategies and Polices at the Cabinet meeting on 13 December 2012;
(4) It be noted that delegated authority had already been granted to the Corporate Director Adults and Housing (now the Corporate Director of Community, Health and Wellbeing), in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Housing, to approve draft documents for formal consultation.
Reason for Decision: To enable the completion of Key Housing Policy and Strategy documents required by the Localism Act 2011.
Report author: Paul Najsarek
Publication date: 20/07/2012
Date of decision: 19/07/2012
Decided at meeting: 19/07/2012 - Cabinet
Effective from: 28/07/2012
- Housing Changes Review - Cover PDF 145 KB
- HCR - Appx 1 Housing Strategy Update PDF 80 KB
- HCR - Appx 2 Tenancy Strategy Consultation PDF 70 KB
- HCR - Appx 3 Housing BP Position Statement PDF 123 KB
- HCR - Appx 4 Allocations Update PDF 418 KB
- HCR - Appx 4 Allocations Update2 PDF 96 KB
- HCR - Appx 5 July Cabinet HomelessnessStrategy Update PDF 84 KB
- HCR - Appx 6 Private Sector HousingStrategy PDF 80 KB