Revised Proposed West London Waste Plan: Pre-Submission Consultation Document
Decision maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
(a) recommend the submission version of the West London Waste Plan to the Council for a six week statutory pre-submission consultation
(b) recommend that the Council approve the West London Waste Plan for submission to the Secretary of State following the pre-submission consultation
Resolved to RECOMMEND: (to Council): That
(1) the West London Waste Plan: Pre-Submission Consultation document, at Appendix A to the report, be approved including the revision to the Harrow Council Depot site designation;
(2) the revised West London Waste Plan: Pre-Submission Consultation document, at appendix A to the report, and the associated Sustainability Appraisal, be approved for an eight-week public consultation in accordance with the adopted Statement of Community Involvement.
(1) the amendments to the Harrow Council Depot site, which reduces the area to be safeguarded for waste management, be noted;
(2) it be noted that final approval was also being sought to undertake consultations on the West London Waste Plan: Pre-Submission Consultation Document by five other West London Councils, namely Brent, Ealing, Hillingdon, Hounslow and Richmond upon Thames, as members of the West London Waste Authority partnership
(3) officers report to a future meeting on the outcome of the public consultation and any further proposed changes to the Plan prior to its formal submission to the Secretary of State for independent examination.
Reason for Decision: To enable the Council to make meaningful progress on the West London Waste Plan (WLWP) in order to meet targets set out in the London Plan 2011 and Planning Policy Statement 10, which is still extant.
To provide, in due course, an up-to-date policy framework to assess planning applications for waste management facilities across the six West London boroughs: Brent, Ealing, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow and Richmond upon Thames. Planning applications for waste management facilities would also be assessed by each borough against their individual Local Plans, including local development management policies and any other material considerations.
[Call-in does not apply to the Recommendation].
Report author: Andrew Trehern
Publication date: 21/06/2012
Date of decision: 20/06/2012
Decided at meeting: 20/06/2012 - Cabinet
Effective from: 29/06/2012